The Bills and the NFL have announced a series of tributes for Damar Hamlin, who suffered a life-threatening injury during Monday night’s game against the Bengals and is still hospitalized in Cincinnati.
Here’s a rundown of the tributes:
- The Bills will debut a jersey patch featuring Hamlin’s uniform number, 3, for this Sunday’s game against the Patriots. (Although the announcement didn’t specify whether the patch would be worn beyond this Sunday, it seems highly likely that the Bills, who have already clinched a playoff spot, will keep wearing the patch in the postseason.)
- Bills sideline personnel will wear “3” pins on Sunday.
- The Bills will outline the “3” in each 30-yard line number in royal blue this Sunday. Other NFL teams have the option to do this as well for Week 18, in either royal blue or red.
- The Bills will wear royal blue “Love for Damar 3” shirts for pregame warm-ups. Other teams will have the option of wearing the same design, but in black.
- Bills personnel will be issued “3” caps for pregame activities.
The final weekend of the NFL regular season begins with two games tomorrow, and then a full slate of games on Sunday.