Starting off this week (or is it “facing off”?) with this St. Louis Blues commemorative graphic from 1992, celebrating 25 years in the NHL going back to their 1967 inception. This one’s for my pal Roger Hacker, who recently left his gig with the San Francisco 49ers to become the Blues’ newly minted Chief Communications Officer!
Now for the rest of this week’s picks:
- ’Tis the season for this 1997 Seattle SuperSonics Hallmark Christmas ornament.
- Need a stocking stuffer for the Dol-fan on your Christmas list? This 1998 Dan Marino Beanie Baby should do the trick.
- These Buffalo Sabres earrings are called “Ear-naments.”
- Look at this 1996 Madison Square Garden model. Only been there once, for a late-1980s radio promotion Michael Jackson concert. Private jet into Teterboro, the works. We were supposed to be way up close but ended up in the very top row — the Bob Uecker treatment.
- Here we have a 1969 Boston Patriots inflatable football doll, still in the package, with the AFL logo right there on top.
- This book is called Turk Broda of the Leafs. As the cover says, it’s the story of a great netminder. And why have I included this today? Simply because his name is Turk Broda!
- • So that’s how Hammerin’ Hank Aaron hit all those dingers: Here’s the “Eye Ball” hitting trainer. Get a better batting average, develop your batting eye, learn to switch-hit, and improve your stance. “It’s fun, too!” says Hank.
- “Lets Go Islanders, Rake ’Em Up” is the slogan on this Islanders/Maple Leafs playoff rally towel of unknown vintage.
- I guarantee that I’ve never seen a plush stuffed Green Bay Packers helmet until now.
- Here’s a nice early-1970s NFL gumball helmet collection that includes a great display case. Looks like a few of them have pencil sharpeners inside.
That’ll do it for this edition of CC. See you back here next week!