The Major League Baseball All-Star Game is tonight, and with that in mind, we lead off with this Los Angeles Dodgers dugout jacket made by Rawlings, complete with an All-Star Game sleeve patch (1980 was the last time the Dodgers hosted the Midsummer Classic). Can’t you picture Tommy Lasorda wearing one of these?
We’re all-All-Star today, so let’s proceed with the rest of this week’s picks:
- The Dodgers gave away these replica All-Star rings this past Saturday, and now you can pay big bucks for one!
- All-Star voting is done online now, but back in the day you had to visit a big league ballpark and fill out one of these ballots. This one was for the 1970 ASG at Cincinnati’s then-new Riverfront Stadium (which opened on June 30, just in time to host the ASG on July 13!).
- Nice-looking Nike polo for the 2008 ASG held at Yankee Stadium. The hem tag says “Swan Song for the Cathedral,” as the team moved into the current Yankee Stadium in 2009. It also lists the four All-Star events held there.
- “Toronto ’91” is shown on this 1991 ASG/Blue Jays key ring.
- “King Soopers” made sure their logo was evident on this 1998 ASG/Rockies pin.
- One more from that 2008 game at Yankee Stadium: Made by G-III, this heavyweight jacket includes the logos and years of the previous ASGs on the sleeves.
- The 2012 ASG was held in Kansas City, so the game logo mirrored the Royals’ logo, as shown on this nice-looking canvas duffle bag.
- In its second year of existence, Angel Stadium (then referred to as Anaheim Stadium) hosted the 1967 Midsummer Classic, where they sold this game program. Note the all-lowercase lettering on the cover — definitely a 1960s thing.
- Speaking of programs, check out the retro-styled cover art on this 2007 ASG program. That year’s game was held here in San Francisco at the then-AT&T Park.
- “All-Star Game ’99” is embroidered on this New Era cap. That year’s game was held at Fenway Pahk.
That’s it for the first Collector’s Corner for the new-look Uni Watch. See you back here next week!