I’ve always wanted to have a project that allowed me to say, “Collect ’em all!,” and now I do: the Uni Watch T-Shirt Club, which is going to feature 12 limited-edition designs, one for each month of 2015, each based on a uniform that a team might have in its wardrobe.
It’s now time for the June design. We’ve all seen teams that add a black jersey even though black isn’t one of their team colors. This has become known as “BFBS” — short for “black for black’s sake.” That’s the inspiration for this month’s design (click to enlarge):
Here’s everything you need to know about this shirt and how to order it:
1. You can purchase the June shirt on this page. (Ignore the bits about “reaching our goal” and the “campaign being successful” — that’s for Teespring clients who use T-shirt sales as fundraisers.) Domestic shipping is $3.85 for the first shirt, $1 for each additional shirt; Canadian shipping is $9.50 for the first shirt, $4 for each additional; shipping to other international destinations is $12.50 for the first shirt, $4 for each additional.
2. As you can see on the ordering page, you have a choice of American Apparel or Hanes. Their tailoring and sizing are slightly different, so use the size chart button to see which shirt is best for you.
3. This design will only be available through next Tuesday, May 26, 11pm Eastern. (That’s one day longer than usual, because of the Memorial Day holiday.) After that date, the shirt will not be offered for sale. All shirts ordered by then should be delivered by June 10 (and in many cases well earlier than that).
4. There will be six more designs — one for each remaining month of the year. Two of those designs will be the road grey and green alternate, although we haven’t yet decided which months those shirts will be assigned to. You can probably guess what some of the other designs will be, although I think a few of them may surprise you. In each case, we’ll update the “sleeve patch” to reflect the appropriate month.
5. We want the July shirt to deliver in time for Independence Day, so it will launch on June 9. I’ll preview it on the site the week before that.
6. Each shirt will be available for purchase for only one week, from the Tuesday when it launches through the following Monday. Once a shirt’s one-week window closes, it will no longer be available for purchase.
7. People who purchase all 12 designs (collect ’em all!) will be eligible for a bonus prize at the end of the year. I haven’t yet decided what the prize will be, although I have some ideas. It may depend somewhat on how many people stay on board for all 12 shirts, and we won’t have a sense of how many people that might be until the summer, so I’ll likely wait a while before settling on the prize. But I assure you it’ll be something good.
I think that’s it. Again, the June shirts can be purchased here. If you have any questions, give a holler. Thanks.
(Special thanks to Teespring designer Bryan Malloy for all his great work with the T-Shirt Club designs.)
Here are the shirts we’ve launched so far…